Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

I'm from El Salvador, living in El Salvador. Let me explain why the country is not prepared to use any Cryptocurrency yet, and why it will be a bad thing




Update: As I said before the Bitcoin Law was approved, salvadorans lost money to scammers, and the government issued Bitcoin wallet is plagued with issues. Over USD $90,000 has been stolen from Chivo Wallet users, and the Bukele Administration neither denies nor confirm the issues. 

I posted this on Reddit seven months ago, and boy let me tell you I wasn't wrong. 

First of all, let me link you El Salvador's poverty map:


It is information that comes directly from our current government. It is in Spanish, but you can see how bad our country is. People dont have access to the internet, even less to a device capable of browsing modern sites:


Even worst, due to poverty families have to choose between sending their kids or work to bring money home. This results in over 800,000 Illiterate people, in a country of 5.7 million:


Introducing Bitcoin as legal tender, in a poor illiterate country is a bad idea. A good percentage of our population doesn't know what an email is, some go as far as thinking that emails starts with "www". Heck, a good percentage of adults cant even type an URL in web browser.

What will happen? Scams all over. People losing money. You might say that I am a hater, or I dont know what Im talking about, but trust me I know the situation of my country.

The link below is a Forex scam. People was sending money through an app, thinking they were trading:


I was a teacher, and it was hard to see teachers not even knowing how to open a text document. Im not making this up, I was giving basic IT classes to teachers in my country, and I even had to teach them how to use a mouse. A Mouse!!! In 2019!!!

Is our President really pretending to use a crypto coin in a country where even the educated population doesnt know how to unzip a compressed file?

People in another thread were treating me as if I was against BitCoin. Im not. I know the harsh reality of my country. I've seem girls giving birth at age 14 because her stepfather raped her. Oh why didnt she aborted? Well abortion is illegal here, and even President Nayib Bukele is against abortion.

You read that right. We will have a crypto coin as a legal tender, before making abortion legal in rape cases

Post a Comment

0 Comments